Mid South Gun Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Hornady

2 posters

Go down

Team Hornady Empty Team Hornady

Post  MartyO4570 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Fellows, I love Hornady ammo. It's my go to ammo. When they came out with the polymer tipped ammo for lever guns, I couldn't believe it. My little 30-30 got turned into a 200 yard deer rifle. If you have a lever gun, you have to try this stuff.

Hornady also has a special Turkey load in 4, 5 or 6 shot. This is a 3 inch round. Special wad controls the shot and get this, it works best in an Imp Cyl or MOD choke. No need for XXFull or special Turkey chokes. These will deform your shot as they get very compressed going through these types of chokes. I used them for my winter turkey using a nice REM 870 Wingmaster MAG. Using a MOD choke, I took my Tom at around 40 yards with one neck shot.

All of Hornady's ammo is top of the line. I use their rifle ammo in all of my bolt actions. Pricing is competitive to the regular brands.

Become a member of Team Hornady and get yourself some ZOMBIES.
MartyO4570
MartyO4570
Sargeant
Sargeant

LIKE : 8

Back to top Go down

Team Hornady Empty Re: Team Hornady

Post  AdamEL Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:48 pm

MartyO4570 wrote:Fellows, I love Hornady ammo. It's my go to ammo. When they came out with the polymer tipped ammo for lever guns, I couldn't believe it. My little 30-30 got turned into a 200 yard deer rifle. If you have a lever gun, you have to try this stuff.

Hornady also has a special Turkey load in 4, 5 or 6 shot. This is a 3 inch round. Special wad controls the shot and get this, it works best in an Imp Cyl or MOD choke. No need for XXFull or special Turkey chokes. These will deform your shot as they get very compressed going through these types of chokes. I used them for my winter turkey using a nice REM 870 Wingmaster MAG. Using a MOD choke, I took my Tom at around 40 yards with one neck shot.

All of Hornady's ammo is top of the line. I use their rifle ammo in all of my bolt actions. Pricing is competitive to the regular brands.

Nice! What's your go-to for your carry pistols?
AdamEL
AdamEL
Private
Private

LIKE : 0

http://www.stressedoutguitars.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamEL Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:49 pm

MartyO4570 wrote:Fellows, I love Hornady ammo. It's my go to ammo. When they came out with the polymer tipped ammo for lever guns, I couldn't believe it. My little 30-30 got turned into a 200 yard deer rifle. If you have a lever gun, you have to try this stuff.

Nice! What's your go-to for your carry pistols?
AdamEL
AdamEL
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyO4570 Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 am

For just plinking, I buy a couple of big boxes of Federal from Walmart. For my CC weapons I use Hornady Critical Duty, Zombie-Max and Critical Defense. To be blunt, some of the most lethal ammo you can find and used by the law enforcement community.
MartyO4570
MartyO4570
Sargeant
Sargeant

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamEL Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:02 am

MartyO4570 wrote:For just plinking, I buy a couple of big boxes of Federal from Walmart. For my CC weapons I use Hornady Critical Duty, Zombie-Max and Critical Defense. To be blunt, some of the most lethal ammo you can find and used by the law enforcement community.

Nice. I use the Federal's from Walmart for target practice, too. I don't use reloads. For my CC ammo, I use Remington Ultimate Home Defense HP's.
AdamEL
AdamEL
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyO4570 Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:49 pm

They will probably restrict this special ammo for the regular gun owners. I hope not.

In CCW classes they always talk about when you have the right to use your firearm. At that point, shoot to kill. There have been cases where a homeowner shot a burglar and left him paralyzed. The burglar sued and won!!! Moral of the story? Don't leave any hanging threads.

That's what this special defense ammo does. One shot and it will cave in the abdominal cavity. Of course, there is always the ole stand by, a pump 12 gauge with 18 1/2 barrel and 00 buck shot. Twisted Evil What a Face Twisted Evil
MartyO4570
MartyO4570
Sargeant
Sargeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum